Almost 100 years old is the second youngest castle in french switzerland with the name "hildenstein", popularly known as "reinschburg" known. The building stands 70 meters above the valley floor on the so-called herrenfels and looks down from the left slope of the valley into the rabeneck valley, between doos and rabeneck castle, since 1904. Today, not much can be seen of the castle, as it is hidden by tall trees.
About the origin of this summer residence the local writer august sieghardt reports. According to this, at the beginning of the last century, the coburg senior study councilor hugo reinsch, a grammar school professor from streitberg, was on a climbing tour through french switzerland with his brother. The peculiar shape of this 35 meter high rock attracted both of them and they were the first to climb the herrenfels, which rose like a mighty free-standing tower in the wiesent valley.
When both brothers had conquered the rock and were standing on the summit with its primeval trees, the idea of creating a forest botanical garden with a small recreation room germinated. That’s why reinsch acquired a new piano from barbara dormann from the neighboring gosseldorf on 11. August 1902 the foundation and started construction soon after.